21st Century Learning
Our fantastic learning spaces are designed to enable the type of learning to occur that will prepare your children for their future. The learning spaces are flexible in that they have the ability to accommodate individual study, small group work, team teaching, large group presentations and focused teaching groups. The flexibility of the layout helps ensure that teachers can cater to the needs of each student in their care. The types of skills that students need to acquire and the way in which they acquire them has changed vastly as society has changed in particular due to advancements in modern technology.
Every classroom at Wodonga South Primary School is equipped with a 75″ 4K Commbox with interactive display. Students can learn with interactive lessons, experiencing a digital classroom environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork.
Teachers at South create rich technology lessons that combine traditional teaching methods with progressive interactive elements in accordance with the curriculum.
The Art Room is colourful, vibrant and creative space where students delve into artistic techniques, creative projects and developing individual artistic style. The Visual Art program consists of drawing, painting, modelling, print making, collage, threads and textiles and construction. All year levels have time each week to visit the art room and spend precious moments exploring their creativity. The ‘Elements of Art’, colour and value, line, shape, texture, space and form, are interwoven throughout the curriculum and provide a basis for exploration and experimentation.
In order to adequately prepare our students for living in the 21st Century we will ensure:-
- A variety of approaches are used to ensure that students are engaged in their learning
- Learning follows an inquiry approach to respond to big issues, ideas and questions.
- Knowledge should be acquired and applied in an authentic way
- Creative thinking is encouraged and stimulated to allow students to problem solve
- Opportunities for students to collaborate will be provided
- The skills that are developed are transferable to be used in a variety of situations and areas of employment
- Technology will be used as a tool of learning to engage, communicate, gather information and to create
- Students reflect on their learning and use this reflection to set goals for learning
- Interpersonal skills for working with and communicating effectively with others are developed
- Critical thinking skills are developed to enable students to analyze information, hypothesis and draw conclusions.