Learning from Home
Webex is the videoconferencing solution that the Department of Education and Training offers all Victorian government schools.
Here are instructions on how to access Webex meetings provided by the school using your internet browser.
- Where appropriate, the school will provide you with a meeting number and a meeting password. This will be 9 digits long (e.g. 123 456 789).
- Open your internet browser and go to https://eduvic.webex.com/
- Enter the meeting number in the ‘meeting information’ field and press ‘Enter’.
- Enter the password provided by your teacher, and press ‘Enter’.
- Select the ‘Join’ or ‘Join Meeting’ button. If you see a pull-down arrow on the button, click the pull-down and ensure ‘Use web app’ is selected.
- When prompted, enter your first name and initial of your last name. Enter an email address. This email address will not be displayed when you join the meeting, and you will not receive mails from Webex at this address.
- Click ‘Join Meeting’.
- The session will start. You might be asked to allow your microphone and camera to be used in the session. Click ‘Allow’ then press ‘Skip’ to continue.
- Start learning with your peers and teachers, just like at school!
- Be aware that some of these meetings may be recorded.
* Webex meetings can also be accessed via a desktop application, however students do not currently have the ability to install it (it requires a password). WSPS technicians are working on resolving this. For now, please join sessions through your web browser (Google Chrome).
For non-WSPS devices: The instructions above are for browser access, however you can download the desktop application from https://eduvic.webex.com/ or when prompted when joining a meeting from the link you have been sent. WebEx Meetings is also available on IOS and Android.